Tzatziki Sauce Serves 6-8
Simple home made Tzatziki can complement any barbecued meats, or use it as a dip with celery and carrot sticks, make souvlaki and add the tzatziki as your sauce.
- 1/2 small cucumber, finely diced.
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced or grated.
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced.
- 2 tsp Tzatziki mix.
- 400g yoghurt.
- Place yoghurt into a bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Store in fridge for up to 4 days.
Make this at least 2 hours before required. Overnight is better, to let the flavours infuse.
If you don’t want to make your own Tzatziki mix and can’t find a blend simply use 2 tsp of each, dried dill and dried mint. Fresh herbs are even better, i’d use about a 1/4 cup of each mint and dill. Fresh parsley would all be a welcome addition.
(Per Serve approx.)
36 Calories 150 kJs
0 Fat 8g Protein 4g Carb