This salad uses ingredients available easily from your local supermarket. You probably have most of them available now your fridge and pantry.
Incorporate this salad on your next Taco Tuesday dinner menu for a fun refreshing twist on regular coleslaw. Our family loves Mexican themed food and it can get a little boring eating the same thing repeatedly.
Not to mention that it’s great to give your body different foods for a wider variety of nutrients. Serve this alongside your enchilada’s, burrito’s, tostada’s, fish taco’s, chilli con carne, jacket potato’s or Mexican buddha bowls.
- 1/4 cabbage finely shredded.
- 1/2 cup organic corn kernels.
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives.
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved.
- 1 cucumber diced.
- 1 small capsicum diced.
- 1/2 red onion finely diced.
- 1 cup rocket arugula.
- 1 avocado diced.
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro can sub with 1 Tbsp of dried.
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- 1 Tbsp lime juice.
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar.
- Prepare your ingredients.
- Add all the ingredients except for the dressing into a large bowl.
- Prepare your dressing by mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl or jar and whisking or shaking to mix.
- Dress the salad 15 mins before serving.
If you like a little heat and are not serving this to little ones, add some chopped jalepenos for a lovely little kick!
This salad is best consumed on the day of making, but will still taste good eaten the following day.