A fast and healthy side dish for any occasion, this vegetarian delight will be the star of your next meal. Wether it be your next curry, used in place of rice when making sushi or as an alternative for a lower carb fried rice.
When in season, cauliflower can be very affordable, i’ll frequently buy a few and rice them up before storing in the freezer to use later.
Simple Tasty Cauliflower Rice
- 1 large head of cauliflower.
- 2 tsp garlic powder.
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1 Tbsp mushroom powder.
- 1/2 cup broth.
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- Chop cauliflower into florets and place into a food processor. Process until it resembles grains of rice.
- Place all your spices into a small bowl and mix.
- Heat a large skillet or wok with oil, when hot, add your cauliflower and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle on your seasoning and cook for 2 mins.
- Reduce heat to medium and pour in your broth, stir and cover with a lid to cook for a further 5 mins.
- Remove lid, check that the cauliflower has absorbed the liquid and is tender. Fold parsley through and serve hot.
You can use frozen cauliflower that has been riced already. If fresh is not available. You may however only need to use 1/4 cup of broth.
To make your own mushroom powder, simply purchase some dried mushrooms, I use shiitake, place them into a food processor and blitz until powdered.
This dish freezes very well.