Honey roasted spiced nuts
These delicious spiced nuts are a great low carb snack, packed with loads of beneficial spices, heart healthy fats, high in fibre, antioxidants and magnesium and sweetened naturally with a little honey. They’ll make the perfect addition to your next party.
- 3 Cups mixed nuts, raw and unsalted.
- 1/2 cup pepitas.
- 1 Egg white.
- 1 Tbsp raw honey. (Or raw sugar if you’d prefer)
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala.
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander.
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin.
- 1/2 tsp turmeric.
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper.
- 3/4 tsp salt.
- 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Pre heat oven to 160 C.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold through the spices.
- Add the nuts and seeds, fold through.
- Drizzle over the raw honey, stir to incorporate, then spread the mixture out on to a large baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 10 mins, turn nuts, bake another 10 mins, turn nuts again, then bake for a further 10 mins, watching towards the end to make sure they don’t burn.
- Let cool before storing in an air tight container for 2-3 weeks.
These would make great little gift ideas for family and friends.
They’re an excellent choice for those on a low carb diet.
I found that 1tbsp of honey provided enough sweetness to suit our palate, but if you aren’t worried about sugar, you could add a little more to suit your taste.
They are perfectly spiced, not too hot, even the littlies enjoyed these!
158 Calories 661 kJs
13g Fat 6g Carbs 5g Protein