Mediterranean sheet pan sausages. Serves 6
Make the most of your Summer veggies with this family favourite.
Good source of protein, and a great way to add extra veggies into your diet. This recipe is also taken to a next level when cooked on the BBQ.
One of our favourite big batch cooked meals to have lots of leftovers.
- 6 plain sausages, beef or lamb.
- 2 small eggplants, chunky sliced.
- 2 small zucchini, chunky sliced.
- 1 large red capsicum, chunky, sliced.
- 2 onions, sliced.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes.
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar.
- salt and pepper.
- Pre heat oven to 220 C.
- Prepare your vegetables and place them into a really large bowl, add your oil, vinegar and chilli. Season well and toss to combine.
- Place the vegetable medley onto a large baking tray and put it in the oven. Cook for 15 mins.
- Stir the veggies around and cook for another 15 mins.
- Place the sausages onto the vegetable medley and cook for another 20 mins, turning the sausages over half way.
- Serve with a side of cucumber salad, or some rice or pasta.
We make this often in our house to serve it for breakfast, I simply prepare it and cook it in the oven after making dinner the night before. It’s an excellent meal to prepare on the BBQ, it gives the veggies a lovely charring and greater depth of flavour.
Adjust the chilli to suit your taste, I personally love 1 whole tsp, but for the kids, that’s too hot.
Jazz it up a bit by adding some crumbled feta and olives to it.
Also, use what’s in season, sometimes I add mushroom, or use squash instead of zucchini, it’s a very versatile recipe.
Vegetarian option: Simply remove the sausages and toss it through some pasta with the feta and olives.
It also freezes very well.