Hamburger with the Lot!
Make takeaway night healthier by creating these super delicious and easy Hamburgers with the Lot instead! We all feel like indulging once in a while and but it needn’t be laden with unhealthy fats and additives. Serve this to your family knowing you’re giving them a fun night of food without the added nasties.
Mince patty ingredients.
- 500g premium beef mince.
- 1.5 tsp garlic, crushed.
- 1.5 tsp flaked onion granules.
- 1/4 tsp pepper.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, finely chopped.
- 2 tsp mushroom powder.
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour.
- 1 Tbsp wholegrain mustard.
- 1 egg.
- 6 hamburger buns.
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce.
- 12 slices beetroot.
- 6 slices pineapple.
- 6 rashes middle bacon.
- 6 eggs.
- 2 onions, sliced thin.
- 6 cheese slices.
- Place all the beef patty ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- In a large fry pan, cook the bacon until it is nicely charred and the fat has been rendered. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside.
- Place your sliced onion into the fry pan with the bacon fat and sauté on medium heat until it’s caramelised. Add some salt and pepper if you wish.
- While your onion is cooking, heat up a griddle pan on medium heat, shape your beef mixture into 6 round patties, flatten and place onto your griddle. Cook for around 5 mins on each side or until nicely browned.
- Set aside with your bacon and brown your pineapple rings on the griddle for a minute on each side. Then turn off the heat.
- Remove your onions when they are finished and set aside with the bacon and patties.
- Place your eggs into the saucepan, cook until eggs are set.
- When eggs are cooking, prepare your buns for assembly by cutting the buns in half and lightly toast them under a grill, insides facing up.
- Place the bottom buns each on a plate, top with beetroot, then lettuce, pineapple, bacon, egg, beef patty, cheese and onion. Put some sauce on the remaining buns if you wish and place them on top.
- Serve alongside a nice garden salad.
To make the mushroom powder, simply purchase a packet of dried mushrooms, place them into a food processor and blitz until they’ve turned into powder.
If you have a thermo server or something similar, use it to keep your cooked items warm whilst continuing on with the recipe. Otherwise, cover with foil and if it’s cooled down too much, you could microwave them before assembly. Or keep warm in the oven on low.
To make these gluten free or low carb, you could serve up the ingredients in a lettuce cup/wrap.
Prep time: 10min Cook time: 25min
Beef patty ingredients
Nutritional Information (Per serve approx.)
Cal 535 Kj 2238